Tuesday 9 September 2008

Light at the end of the extractor


Nearly six weeks ago I bravely estimated that we'd be opening our doors to customers in six weeks time.

It may come as no surprise to anyone who has ever undertaken a building project that it is taking longer than planned. I can almost see Kevin McCloud stepping over piles of wood, looking at the leaking ceiling, shaking his head and saying "they are crazy if they think they will be opening on time".



We are getting closer though and I'm still optimistic that we will open next week - but maybe not Monday.

Hopefully very soon we'll have customers rather than builders enjoying the alfresco dining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work. As one of your close neighbours Ive been following your progress on my walk home from the tube most nights. I cant wait for my first lazy saturday breakfast! Good luck with the opening.

Shelagh Ryan said...

Thanks Jon. Look forward to seeing you there.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I got to your blog from Qype and can't wait to have a tasty non-greasy breakfast in London -pancakes over fry-up every time! very best of luck for your venture, all the best, LJ